This is our customer charter. It sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase.
1. We will give you a copy of our customer charter if you ask for one. We will automatically give you a copy if you reserve a property.
2. We will work to set procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our customer charter.
3. We will train our staff to understand their responsibilities in our dealings with you and what the customer charter means for you.
4. We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
5. We will seek to ensure that you appoint your own professional legal advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
6. We will let you know:
- Who to contact at every stage of your purchase
- How we will deal with your questions
- Any relevant choices and options you can consider
7. We will give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
8. Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful.
9. Our contract-of-sale terms and conditions will be clear and fair.
10. We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
11. We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and any other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
12. We will explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
13. We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
14. Once a completion date is set we will ensure that:
- The transfer of ownership takes place
- The functions and facilities of the property are demonstrated to you
15. We will inform you clearly about the after-sale and emergency services that we will provide for a certain period after completion.
16. We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties.
17. We will co-operate with appropriately qualified professional advisors you have appointed to help resolve disputes.
Our customer charter commitments do not affect you statutory rights.